With the groundbreaking AT4080, Audio-Technica achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems of fragility and low output that have historically plagued ribbon mics. Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4080 Ribbon Microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Groundbreaking Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending
- Proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
Starting with the Ultimate Speaker Demo, an ever-increasing number of the GearTunes audio clips are being tracked using the Radial JCR Reamp. The Reamp was invented by my good friend and colleague John Cuniberti who engineered/co-produced many of Joe Satriani's most infamous recordings.
For GearTunes, reamping allows me to record a track where the guitar "hears" the amp in the room, but initially only the guitar or guitar and effects signal is recorded. This allows me to spend additional time perfecting amp tones and mic placement once I have the performance I'm looking for. One of the byproducts of this process is the creation of GearTunes DI Clips which enable you to play select guitars and effects through your amp by using your mobile device or computer as a reamp device.
For GearTunes DI Clips - and Gear Tune DI Clips ONLY (always found under the DI clips tab for gear that has one), you can play our guitar and effects through your amp. Simply use an unbalanced cable that terminates with an 1/8th inch jack on one end and a 1/4 inch jack on the other. Connect the 1/8th jack to the output of your mobile device or computer and the 1/4 inch jack into the front of your amp. Start off with your amp volume at zero and your mobile device (or computer) volume all the way up to ensure you hit the front end of the amp with enough signal, and then gradually increase the volume of the clean channel on your amp until you reach a level that is not capable of causing damage to your ears or equipment. GearTunes accepts no liability for the use, abuse or misuse of these clips, and playing them into your amp is done exclusively at your own risk.
I am tremendously excited about being able to share GearTunes DI Clips with you as you journey on your quest to find right gear for the music you play! Cheers ~ Doug:)
|Play||Right Click to Download|