The Ecstasy amplifier was born in 1992 and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, right here in Los Angeles, California. The Ecstasy red pedal captures the mystical red channel tone of this legendary amplifier, famous for its incendiary higher gain crunch and lead tones. Using interactive controls to adjust gain and EQ settings, the red pedal delivers a wide range of expressive tones from vintage overdrive to ripping modern high gain. Ideal for aggressive playing styles, the red pedal boasts the outrageous heavy tones that get Bogner amps into the backlines of rock’s most notable players.
Reinhold designed the Ecstasy red pedal with five discrete Class A gain stages and with no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier’s red channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy red is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design.
2" H x 5.25" W x 3.75" D
1 pound 2 ounces
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a “dropped voltage” dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Tight, Mellow and Full, shapes the general EQ curve and gain levels
- Pre-EQ Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control “openness” and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras and models of Ecstasy amplifiersJacks: input, output and remote.
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more
Starting with the Ultimate Speaker Demo, an ever-increasing number of the GearTunes audio clips are being tracked using the Radial JCR Reamp. The Reamp was invented by my good friend and colleague John Cuniberti who engineered/co-produced many of Joe Satriani's most infamous recordings.
For GearTunes, reamping allows me to record a track where the guitar "hears" the amp in the room, but initially only the guitar or guitar and effects signal is recorded. This allows me to spend additional time perfecting amp tones and mic placement once I have the performance I'm looking for. One of the byproducts of this process is the creation of GearTunes DI Clips which enable you to play select guitars and effects through your amp by using your mobile device or computer as a reamp device.
For GearTunes DI Clips - and Gear Tune DI Clips ONLY (always found under the DI clips tab for gear that has one), you can play our guitar and effects through your amp. Simply use an unbalanced cable that terminates with an 1/8th inch jack on one end and a 1/4 inch jack on the other. Connect the 1/8th jack to the output of your mobile device or computer and the 1/4 inch jack into the front of your amp. Start off with your amp volume at zero and your mobile device (or computer) volume all the way up to ensure you hit the front end of the amp with enough signal, and then gradually increase the volume of the clean channel on your amp until you reach a level that is not capable of causing damage to your ears or equipment. GearTunes accepts no liability for the use, abuse or misuse of these clips, and playing them into your amp is done exclusively at your own risk.
I am tremendously excited about being able to share GearTunes DI Clips with you as you journey on your quest to find right gear for the music you play! Cheers ~ Doug:)
|Play||Right Click to Download|