Special Edition BOSS Pedal with Premium Tone
The DS-1X launches the famous BOSS distortion into a modern era of expression, delivering an unmatched level of performance for guitarists with an ear for tone. This next-generation stomp combines over 35 years of innovation in pedal design with the most advanced technologies, bringing you a completely new tonal experience that’s only possible with the legendary expertise of BOSS. Prepare to be amazed—the inspiring and ultra-responsive DS-1X will change your thinking about distortion pedals forever.
- Special edition BOSS distortion pedal with next-generation sound, feel, and tonal response
- All-new design provides a superior playing experience that’s unattainable with analog distortion pedals
- Powerful real-time processing adapts to your playing to provide ideal distortion tones in every register
- Enjoy perfect sounds over the entire fretboard, from tight, crisp tones on the low strings to fat, singing tones on the highest notes
- High-clarity distortion sound that’s never muddy or boomy, even when playing two or more notes at the same time
- Ultra-responsive to volume changes and picking dynamics
- Very low noise, even with high-gain settings
- Drive, High, and Low knobs offer a wide range of sound shaping not found in typical stompbox pedals
- Striking appearance with exclusive chrome knobs and control plate, plus vintage silver knob for battery compartment access
- Features BOSS’ innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP), realized with proprietary technology and custom DSP
Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Controls: Pedal switch; LEVEL knob; LOW knob; HIGH knob; DIST knob
Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
Connectors: INPUT jack; OUTPUT jack; AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22); AC adaptor (sold separately)
Current Draw: 45 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 9 hours; Carbon: Approx. 2.5 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Accessories: Owner's Manual; Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTE," and "Information"); Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
Option (sold separately): AC adaptor (PSA series)
Size and Weight
Width: 73 mm; 2-7/8 inches
Depth: 129 mm; 5-1/8 inches
Height: 59 mm; 2-6/16 inches
Weight: 450 g; 0 lbs. 16 oz.
Starting with the Ultimate Speaker Demo, an ever-increasing number of the GearTunes audio clips are being tracked using the Radial JCR Reamp. The Reamp was invented by my good friend and colleague John Cuniberti who engineered/co-produced many of Joe Satriani's most infamous recordings.
For GearTunes, reamping allows me to record a track where the guitar "hears" the amp in the room, but initially only the guitar or guitar and effects signal is recorded. This allows me to spend additional time perfecting amp tones and mic placement once I have the performance I'm looking for. One of the byproducts of this process is the creation of GearTunes DI Clips which enable you to play select guitars and effects through your amp by using your mobile device or computer as a reamp device.
For GearTunes DI Clips - and Gear Tune DI Clips ONLY (always found under the DI clips tab for gear that has one), you can play our guitar and effects through your amp. Simply use an unbalanced cable that terminates with an 1/8th inch jack on one end and a 1/4 inch jack on the other. Connect the 1/8th jack to the output of your mobile device or computer and the 1/4 inch jack into the front of your amp. Start off with your amp volume at zero and your mobile device (or computer) volume all the way up to ensure you hit the front end of the amp with enough signal, and then gradually increase the volume of the clean channel on your amp until you reach a level that is not capable of causing damage to your ears or equipment. GearTunes accepts no liability for the use, abuse or misuse of these clips, and playing them into your amp is done exclusively at your own risk.
I am tremendously excited about being able to share GearTunes DI Clips with you as you journey on your quest to find right gear for the music you play! Cheers ~ Doug:)
|Play||Right Click to Download|